I’ve decided to dedicate Sundays to updates on how my work is progressing. So say hello to the inaugural Status Sunday.
This week, I’ve done the following:
- Finished editing the second draft of Burner (299 pages and nearly 82,000 words)
- Roughed out the plot for the second novel in the series, Reader
- Finalized some more art pieces for the Burner website and promotional materials
- Sent out samples of Burner to three editors and heard back from one. I’m expecting to hear back from the other two tomorrow
I’m planning on the following for this week:
- Getting started on Reader
- Hearing back from readers for Burner
- Picking an editor for Burner
Not a huge to do list, but I have to admit that I’m a little nervous about starting another book. However, if I want to have an aggressive publication schedule for the rest of the series once Burner is released, I need to get a rough draft of Reader written soon.