It’s kind of hard to believe I’ve been writing in this blog for two months now. Time really flies, doesn’t it? It’s been an extremely relaxing day for me. Spent some time cooking and cleaning, but otherwise, I’ve been knitting and listening to a book on tape (Leviathan Wakes by James S. A. Corey, if anyone’s interested in reading; it’s a fantastic bit of sci-fi). Anyway, here’s the update for the last week.
Things I’ve accomplished this week:
- Got my draft reviewed for the editor and formatted, so all that’s left is sending it to her on Wednesday. I’m so ready to get Burner to a professional so I can work out that last kinks before publishing.
- Continued working on Reader, though not as intensively as I’d like. I honestly need to sit down with the plot and reconfigure things, including rewriting the start of the novel. I think it’ll flow better once I figure out what’s blocking me, too.
Things I’d like to accomplish this week:
- Keep writing! I’ve asked my writing group to finish reading Burner and give me some general comments on the novel so I can start bringing them chapters from Reader instead. If I have to get them a chapter a week, it’ll definitely help motivate me to write. Deadlines work, unfortunately.
- I seriously need to sit my husband down and get him to write out our Kickstarter plan. He’s a marketing guy, and while he may know what’s going to happen, I don’t. Getting it written down will definitely help my peace of mind when it comes to that.
- Keep following up with artists. I’ve got pieces that are pending, and I’m excited to get them finished.
It’s now time for me to go make some dinner, and then I’m going to keep up with the whole relaxation plan for the evening. There are video games with my name on them. You all have a wonderful evening, and I’ll see you tomorrow for our regularly scheduled blog post.