Good evening! I have to apologize for taking this post somewhat off the rails, but with all the things that have been going on since I wrote my last post, I think it needs to be discussed.
I am furious about Trump’s Muslim ban. I’ve known quite a few Muslims in my life, and they have, universally, been a loving, kind, and passionate group of people. I don’t understand how there is so much hatred for a group of people, especially when the people who seem to hate them the most have had little to no contact or understanding of the group. I’m saddened at the direction that Trump is trying to take our nation, but I am given hope by the protests that have erupted across the nation. The ACLU has 150,000 new members and has raised over $19 million dollars since Saturday. America is a nation of immigrants, and we will not stand for this discriminatory legislation. #NoBanNoWall #resist
And now that that is out of the way*, onto our regularly scheduled Status Sunday.
Things I’ve accomplished this week:
- I have gotten some writing done on Reader, but not nearly as much as I’d like to. That being said, I’ve got a good start, I know where I’m going, and my writing group is now reading Reader (that is going to get tedious), so I should have plenty of motivation to keep going.
- I did get some reading done this week, which was great.
- I got feedback from my editor, which was mostly positive, so good news on that front!
Things I want to accomplish this week:
- Write a new chapter in Reader
- Seriously get that Kickstarter plan put together. I keep putting it off, and it needs to happen.
- Donate to the ACLU.
So, again, a pretty straightforward week. I’ll see you all tomorrow for a regular post.
*Seriously, if I can’t complain about politics on my own blog, where I have maybe two people reading it regularly, and those two people are me and my husband, where else can I?